Vienna Bilingual Schooling
Special Effects Workshop
Movie Making Special Effects Workshop - The Latex Horn Adventure
We recently had a movie-making prosthetics workshop given by film industry artist Katharina Graeser.
Students got to learn the art and craft of mould-making, in the end creating their own latex monster horns. A big call out and thank you to Harry Granitzer the VBS Eltern Verein for their fantastic support.
The steps of making latex prosthetics (as seen in the photos):
- Shaping a positive form of their horns using clay.
- Building clay walls around the clay horns.
- Pouring plaster.
- Removing the clay from the plaster negative.
- Drying the negative mould.
- Pouring a positive of the horns with latex.
- Removing the latex horns from the mould and painting them.
- Glue them on.
- Roam the night.